Miniature Ordnance Review looks at the world of historical and fantasy miniatures wargaming and model building. From 15mm Flames of War, to Warhammer 40K, to 1/35th scale tanks, with some potential surprises on the horizon - you'll find them here!

Monday, January 12, 2015

Brief Black Brigade Update

I was out of town for the weekend leaving meaning that work on the Black Brigade was suspended until Sunday Night. At this point I'm still fighting with my RTV. I think it may have gotten too old and it just isn't curing like it should. I've just gotten some new RTV from an alternate vendor in, so I'm hoping to give that a try today. If it works, I'll post all of the pertinent information about the source.

Once I get the Vickers tanks casting properly, my next project will be the 508 and 518 field cars. I have the 508 Staff car in white metal, but the field cars are different. My 1/35th scale kit of a 518 field car has arrived and I'm going to use it and some plans to recreate the vehicle in 1/100th (15mm) scale. Once that's done I'll be casting again...  a lot...

I also received my first batch of Forged in Battle miniatures for the project, the "Polish Black Legion" (EWP07). To be honest, it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Some of the standard poses appeared to be "overloaded" in the blister, so there wasn't anything approaching an equal number of each type of figure. Overall the figures themselves look nice enough, though the head and chin could use a little more definition. Clean up wasn't too bad - a bit more than the True North figures, though. The good news is they look proportional enough with the True North figures so I can mix them providing a lot variety in the force.

My Vallejo paints for the Polish infantry came in as well, so as soon as I finalize what color I want to use for the helmet, I'll be able to get cracking on the painting. I'm waiting on a few more anti-tank gun crews, but the guns themselves have arrived. I also received a note from Battlefront that the replacement barrels and wheel for my 75mm guns are on the way. Now if the rest of the trucks and field cars would just arrive I'd have at least all of the parts ready to assemble and paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment