The photo above was taken right after the decals were applied, so they haven't had a chance to settle completely. The decals themselves are custom made based on the "skull and crossbones" common to World War I German armored vehicles and the post war German Freikorps. I use the Decalpro fx system to make dry transfers in white, transfer them to clear decal film, and then use them as normal waterslide transfers. I've used this technique successfully on previous projects like my lend lease Soviet army for Flames of War.
The decal masters are printed out using a laser printer (printout above), and a foil is used to turn the black to white. The font is one I found that was a close match for the World War I German vehicle names. It isn't perfect, but hey, this is the grim dark of the 41st millennium.
Next is final assembly and weathering! Stay tuned!