Miniature Ordnance Review looks at the world of historical and fantasy miniatures wargaming and model building. From 15mm Flames of War, to Warhammer 40K, to 1/35th scale tanks, with some potential surprises on the horizon - you'll find them here!

Friday, April 17, 2020

Second Command Squad for the Brood Brothers

A while back I'd gotten a standard bearer together and painted like I wanted it (taking heavy cues from the flag of the Soviet Union crossed with the Genestealer Cult), but I hadn't gotten around to finishing the rest of that squad, including the platoon commander. I've now finally been able to get this crew together and they're ready to take on the world - as long as it's not too tough...



I built these guys using the Cadian Command Squad box from Games Workshop along with copious details from the Genestealer Cult Upgrade Pack. It took a fair amount of work to rework the details on the flag as the kit includes a lot of pre-molded detail. I really liked the final effect. The decals here are a mixture of those from Scumb4g Kustoms and the "spade" unit marker from the Cadian decal sheet.


The rest of the squad is fairly basic. I upgraded the Platoon Commander to have a Bolt Pistol and Chainsword. These guys are about quantity, not quality. The rest of the team is rounded out with a Heavy Flamer and Meltagun. Enough firepower to where the group can't be ignored, but not a huge points sink either. I also included a medic because, well, honestly I just wanted to try painting the medic!


Getting the medic's shoulder pad with the caduceus just right took a little bit of work, but the end result I think is really awesome. He has another one on his backpack which I also took the time to pick out in a lower visibility gray. I still have a little work to do on the goggles on the medic, but otherwise the squad is ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment