Miniature Ordnance Review looks at the world of historical and fantasy miniatures wargaming and model building. From 15mm Flames of War, to Warhammer 40K, to 1/35th scale tanks, with some potential surprises on the horizon - you'll find them here!

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Armies on Parade Awards Date Set

After some digging on the Warhammer 40K Facebook page, I found a cute video announcing when the Armies on Parade awards would be announced - December 19 at 1:45 GMT. So that's this Saturday! Of course, 1:45 GMT is 5:45AM Pacific, so I'll be checking out the replay once I wake up... likely a couple of hours later! The whole ceremony is going to be on Twitch, so anyone who is interested can click the links above or snag the URL from the image below.


Last year I did okay at Armies on Parade. I didn't medal, but I did take home the award which honestly mattered the most to me - "Best Painted." Unfortunately with COVID, this year Armies on Parade had to go virtual, which means instead of a lot of people competing at their local stores - everyone is grouped together. That means I'm lumped in with the people from all over the world including those who enter (and win) the Golden Demon competition and hold the Slayer sword. So while I think this year's entry would have performed well at my local store, against that sort of competition I've go no prayer.

Still, it will be interesting to see all of the entries. I've always enjoyed the narrative component of Warhammer 40K, and I've seen some amazing Armies on Parade with great bases that really tell a story. After seeing the photos, the manager of the local Warhammer Store said he'd let me bring it in and show it off in the store for a few days, and I may take him up on the offer. I'd love people to actually be able to see the board and detail up close and see all the little stories within the larger narrative as designed.

Of course, now I have to figure out what I'm going to do next year... first world problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment