Miniature Ordnance Review looks at the world of historical and fantasy miniatures wargaming and model building. From 15mm Flames of War, to Warhammer 40K, to 1/35th scale tanks, with some potential surprises on the horizon - you'll find them here!

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Random Update and Plans

I'm not dead! No really!

It has been a (long) while since I've posted as there has been quite a bit going on in my life. I transitioned to a new job for the first time in over 20 years earlier this year. The interview process and transition took up a fair amount of my time, which limited time for working on hobbies. My Necron army was also just not holding my attention like I'd hoped, and while I loved the paint jobs on my Skinks, the basing left a lot to be desired in my book. So I've effectively deprioritized both of those armies for the time being. I'm making progress on some additional basing elements for both armies that I think will help eventually move them forward, but on the Necrons I also need to find a way to improve throughput on energy blades.

I've also been indulging in another hobby, which is building effects pedals for my guitar - I have even recently set up a separate blog showing off some of the recent ones I've put together. Given most of the U.S. is still effectively locked down, actually playing 40K or AoS remains an elusive concept, but new effects pedals I can put to immediate use in chasing the sound of some of my guitar heroes.

I'd thought about trying to update my Armies on Parade entry from last year with some of the newer Cult miniatures I'd worked on earlier in the year, but the format is "online" once again this year. Last year's "competition" sort of left a bad taste in my mouth. I'd tried to enter both my son and myself, and I'm not even sure if my entry was accepted even after hundreds of hours of work. Very few of the thousands of entries got a shout out, and there was no Youngblood category. So, I decided to just skip it this year and save my sanity.

That being said I do have a few miniatures projects that are making their way back onto the table. I have several Cult miniatures that I'm hoping to finish up before the end of the year, and I have a new army that I believe I'm going to get to come out visually the way I want it. It will likely be several weeks before they're ready to post, but they will make an appearance here first!

No comments:

Post a Comment