Miniature Ordnance Review looks at the world of historical and fantasy miniatures wargaming and model building. From 15mm Flames of War, to Warhammer 40K, to 1/35th scale tanks, with some potential surprises on the horizon - you'll find them here!

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Upcoming Tournaments in Portland

I'm sure long-time readers have probably noticed a trend on my blog.  I write a lot about history, and modeling, and painting, and converting miniatures, and lists, but not a lot about actually playing the game. There's a reason for that - I honestly don't get to play as much as I'd like to.

That being said, there are two tournaments I will be at in the Portland area that are coming up in the next few months.  The first is a 1500-point Mid War Tournament at Guardian Games in Portland, Oregon on October 25, 2014.  The second is a 1650-point Late War Tanskgiving tournament also at Guardian Games in Portland, Oregon on November 29, 2014.  Guardian Games is a SPECTACULAR venue for a tournament with generous gaming space.

I also have an ulterior reason for hawking the tournaments on my blog - you'll actually get to SEE some of the miniatures I've been working on for... well... forever!  At the MW tournament I'm planning on bringing a 1942 Tiger Company featuring the modified Early Tiger I tanks featured in earlier blog entries.  Look for some updates on this army coming soon!

For the LW tournament I'm going to be bringing something from the Remagen book.  Since I helped write most of the German lists for this book, this is YOUR chance to bring your best against the guy who wrote the lists... and thrash him soundly!  I'm planning on bringing either a 1/512 CV Jagdtiger force (see previous entries for the modeling update) or a 510 Schwere Panzer Abteilung force with RT King Tigers.

Hope to see some of you guys there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment