Miniature Ordnance Review looks at the world of historical and fantasy miniatures wargaming and model building. From 15mm Flames of War, to Warhammer 40K, to 1/35th scale tanks, with some potential surprises on the horizon - you'll find them here!

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Accurizing Your Ostwind - Part 2

A little over a week ago, I posted my initial work at improving the Battlefront Ostwind miniature.  At that point I'd done most of what I wanted to do, but I hadn't corrected the hull hatches because I hadn't been able to get one to cast up well enough to work.  I've since fixed that little issue!

As you can see in the shot below, I've cast a copy of the hatch to use as a donor for the vehicle.  I then sanded off the existing machine gunner's hatch and replaced it with the resin cast one in the correct orientation for the Ostwind.


Here's a group photo from another angle showing the orientation of the hatches.  I did have to re-scribe the line between the front hull armor plate and the top armor.


So far I've converted three, which is probably all I'm going to run for my 512th army at any one time.  I have at least one more Ostwind still in the blister that will undoubtedly call to me some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment