Miniature Ordnance Review looks at the world of historical and fantasy miniatures wargaming and model building. From 15mm Flames of War, to Warhammer 40K, to 1/35th scale tanks, with some potential surprises on the horizon - you'll find them here!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Arado 234 - Done!!!

So turns out that today was a good day to get work done after all. I managed to get the Arado pretty much completed. I ended up pulling back out my light box to take some photos that really give you a sense of the shading.


Top view - you can really see some of the black and white shading.


This view gives you a little hint of the bombs underneath the engines, but in case you think I was slacking off, the bottom is fully detailed as well!


Actually getting between the engines and the fuselage was a real pain in the butt, but it ended up looking pretty good.


For my first aircraft in literally years, I'm very happy with the little beast. Should be a fun tournament, if anti-aircraft fire doesn't ruin its day!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks much! I really like how this system worked, so I'm going to have to try it again for other subjects...

      Delete
  2. Looks excellent, I may attempt to replicate what you have done with your windows as I like the effect you have achieved. I look forward to seeing more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much! I'm really liking this system and am planning to move over to it for any miniature where there is no modulation set available - or I have to do multi-tone camouflage - as those can get quite thick if you're doing multiple modulation coats!

      Delete