I've managed to make a little bit of progress on my DDR NVA army for Team Yankee, so I thought I'd add another installment to the build log. I've spent most of my time working on getting the "in flight" miniatures done before opening new boxes.
First off, Battlefront came through with new parts for my Hail battery - actually they just sent me a whole new box - which was awesome of them. Now I have three lovely trucks bearing virtual rocket propelled smack down ready for priming and painting.
As you can see from the photo below, the force is growing quickly with a lot more tanks done or nearly done. I still have a fair amount of work to do on the BMP because I want to sand up the front so it looks a touch more accurate. I may even add some small details to the fronts once they're smoothed out. In the bottom right corner you can see I've actually started on the infantry as well.
The core of my force, at least from a points and organization standpoint, is the T72 tanks. I cleaned up the fuel tanks on all of them with a little judicious sanding and punched styrene discs. For the command vehicle, I've modeled it with the external fuel drums jettisoned so it will stand out on the table a bit.
As I indicated in my previous blog, the Spandrels are great minis, and here they are in more detail ready to prime and paint.
As I mentioned above, I've been working in the infantry, but unfortunately the packer forgot to include the seven copies of figure "f" in my TEBX02 box. So once again I've sent an email off to Battlefront. Given the stellar service I received with my last issue, I expect quick resolution to the issue.
I have a few additional things to round out the force on order, and hope to get to them in the next installment of the blog. Then I have to start priming and painting this bonanza. Stay tuned for more!